GNU Paint is a simple, easy-to-use paint program for GNOME,
the GNU Desktop. Gpaint is part of the GNU Project.
Written by Andy Tai,
Gpaint is licensed under the GNU GPL, version 2 or later.
- Drawing tools--ovals, freehand, polygon, text, with fill or shallow for
polygons and closed freehand.
- Cut and paste by selecting irregular regions or polygons.
- Print support using gnome-print (still flaky, will be improved upon next
- Modern, ease-to-use user interface with tool and color palettes
- Editing multiple image at the same time without runnng multiple instance
of the image editor
- All image processing features present in xpaint
download current source: version
Running on GNU/Linux
This project is hosted at